We're looking for volunteers to help us with our pattern and fitting process during our prototype bra development. The first size we're fitting is size 34D, and other sizes will be fitted once we start 'grading' after the first size fit is complete. Ideally, we're looking for women within a commutable distance of Nottingham, and one 1 year+ on from diagnosis (just to make sure that things are more settled).
- During a short telephone conversation, we hope to find a cross-section of women with different breast cancer histories, and sizes.
- All information gathered will be used for the sole purpose of ensuring we can fit the bra on a good representation of women.
- Any personal information gathered will be held confidentially by Millie Lingerie, and only used for the purposes of the fitting trials.
- Volunteers will be asked to sign a simple Confidentiality Agreement to protect the prototype development process.
- Volunteers will be invited to attend no less than 2, and probably no more than 6 fitting sessions in all.
- It will take approximately four months to complete, beginning in May 2016.
- Ideally, volunteers will be happy to share their feedback and involvement with the project at a later date.
What’s the purpose?
- To develop a fully specified, fully functioning, beautiful post surgical bra suitable for women who’ve been treated for breast cancer to wear, including both mastectomy and lumpectomy.
- Women who have had a reconstruction, but remain uneven, are also invited to join the project.
Please visit our Facebook page to find out more and get involved.
Thank you, Sue.